New Gurus

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
  • Welcome Dave Pastecchi as the new Sound Guru. He'll be posting great sound tips in the Sound Advice forum. He has over 30 years experience as a sound man on films.

• Welcome Will Vincent as the new DIY Guru! Looks for some cool tips in the DIY section.

Way to go!

Now I need an article on a DIY motion control and match move apparatus to interface through a USB 2.0 port and the open-source software to go along with it. :D

thanks all

congrats WIll

and thanks for having me in the group...i will do me best to help anyone out and answer questions and if i cant i will call some friends and get some answers from them to help out as well.

Welcome guys! and VP, don't put it past him, he just might hack some CnC software to do just that :)

And don't put it past me to actually build it when he does. Star Whores 3D is just itching to be made. Oh, wait. Did I just use "whores" and "itching" in the same sentence? :weird:

VP: Funny you should ask for such a thing... Knightly and I were discussing just how such an apparatus might work just last year.

As he hinted toward, all of the actual machinery is already in existence in the form of CNC machines, the tricky part is the software that would control it. But yes it is something that may come up at some point... the cool thing with the system I envision is that it would record your movements as you make them, and then allow you to play it back, so everything would be very fluid and such because the program would be based on actual human interaction.

I'll start a thread in the DIY section a little later to flesh out the idea some more. Seems to me it would be a good collaborative project, especially if the idea is to make it an opensource thing. ;)

Back