New from Chicago.

What's up every one? My name is John, I'm 20 years old out of Chicago, Il. I recently got a big investment in my music video production company and thought now would be the perfect time to join this website.

I'm purchasing the Canon XL2 early next week, after a lot of thought and contemplation I decided that was the best camera for the job. Despite being SD (gives me some worries due to competition with HD capability) I think I will be able to achieve the look and feel of what I and the artist wants for every project. Any thoughts on that? I'm still worried about the SD v. HD thing.

My production company is called Kay Video Productions check us out on my space at MYSPACE and check out the video for the song "War After the War" by the Street Dogs I recently shot on a little Sony 8mm located on the myspace page. We are starting to do just music videos, but planning on shooting a short film later this year, and hoping to take on other projects as we grow.

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
(i.e. promotion tactics, general shooting advice., etc...)

Thanks guys and gals.

-and of course I have to say if there's any bands or artist in the Illinois/Wisconsin/Indiana area that needs a video, let us know!-

Thanks again!

Back