• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

New 35 mm lens adapters for dv cams

I just read about these in an industry magazine, I think it was one that specialized in sound. Can't remember. Has anyone bought this adapter yet? Priced it? Reviews? Concerns?

I might have read the same magazine you did. Its yellow with some headphones on the cover?

If so they are talking about redrockmicro.com . There is sample footage available on their site. But there are others available as well, search here in inditalk for mini35, you'll find some good info. There is also another IT member here who is going to build spinning ones like redrock micro for under $300, check it out in the equipment forum.

Welcome to IT, kaos! :)

I'm not having the vignetting problems, I assume its due to me using a Nikon D which includes the plano-convex (condensor) lens, and/or my distance from condensor to camera glass is different.

the micro35 is $850 with 15mm rods and mount.

Because I don't feel like phucking with all the engineering issues (the gg has to be the perfect distance from the lens for proper infinity focus, and it makes my camera front heavy) I am gladly paying it to Redrock.

DOF was my primary artistic concern with DV, and these adapters are solving the issue nicely.

Not to mention, there is a certain look that comes from the optics themselves - something about how the light plays with the lens that is more cinematic looking, IMO.

$850 is waaaaay higher than the guy who started redrock said it was going to be, but it appears as though it is very high quality so kudos to him if people will pay that. Its still a helluva lot lower than the real mini35.

And we can use explictives here, we're adults ;) Most of us anyway :eek:

Back