Need your help with a lens decision.

So I am about to invest in a new lens my for panasonic gh2. I shoot short films and single-camera style tv shows, and I am looking for a sharp, cinematic lens. I have done my research and came up with a couple options.

I already have a 12mm slr magic, a 24mm and 50mm Canon FD, so I think I need either a 20mm or 35mm. I want something they would use on a TV show like FX's Louie or Portlandia, I know probably not in my budget, but something very sharp.

I came across the samyang 35mm 1.4. It looks good but would like to hear other opinions if it would be fit my odd description.

I also then read about Carl Zeiss lenses that are very sharp and often used for professional production. I know I cant afford an ultra prime lens from them but they have a 35mm distogan or flektogon for around 300 bucks. What do you think?

I am open for any or all sharp , medium focal length, prime lenses.

Hmm o yeah that lens seems amazing. A little out of my budget but maybe I can stretch it.

How does one of those voigtlander 25mm compare to a Canon L lens? Around the same price, but is that voigtlander better for shooting video?

I want something to accompany my slr magic 12mm. Is there anything a step down from the voigtlander that you would recommend?

Ok I have been researching the leica 25mm 1.4 , its definitely more in my price range but I don't know if its the look I am going for. I don't need auto focus because its for video, so maybe I need the noktor 25 .095

Anyone selling a voigtlander 25mm .95?

Back