• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Need your help, please

Hi, Gorilla,

Nice work. I haven't watched the whole thing yet. I'll try to. It is almost 15 minutes. =P

Seems okay to me.

The audio could be a little better. Does it sound a little reverby, or something?

The thing that stands out to me is the angle of the camera. I don't know that you should have done otherwise...maybe you want the audience to be a little discomforted, maybe that's a stylistic choice, maybe you want to do that to make it a bit edgy?

But I think that I generally would want to put the camera at head level to the interviewees, you know, I suppose on a parallel plane.

Did you say that you're a very tall fellow, or was that another I.T.er? If you are, I'm wondering if it's that that's what you're used to --looking down on others...literally. So maybe it feels right to you. But I'm wondering if your general audience will feel the same way.

Good to see your video. :)

Hi, Gorilla,

Nice work. I haven't watched the whole thing yet. I'll try to. It is almost 15 minutes. =P

Seems okay to me.

The audio could be a little better. Does it sound a little reverby, or something?

The thing that stands out to me is the angle of the camera. I don't know that you should have done otherwise...maybe you want the audience to be a little discomforted, maybe that's a stylistic choice, maybe you want to do that to make it a bit edgy?

But I think that I generally would want to put the camera at head level to the interviewees, you know, I suppose on a parallel plane.

Did you say that you're a very tall fellow, or was that another I.T.er? If you are, I'm wondering if it's that that's what you're used to --looking down on others...literally. So maybe it feels right to you. But I'm wondering if your general audience will feel the same way.

Good to see your video. :)

Thanks. Interestingly, the camera was at the same height as the interviewees except for the cutaway shots. However, the client wanted me to shrink them on the screen which I did and this gives the impression we are looking down on them.

Good point though and this is something I want to look at.

The size of the room dictated camera placement and there was literally no room for the camera, lights and me as well! This means angles etc... weren't ideal.

As for the audio... there were some significant issues. The first issue was the sound recordist fell asleep part of the way through and pointed the mic at the wrong area causing recording issues (not my sound recordist, rather this was someone provided by the client). My setup was a Promix 3, ECM674 and Tascam DR100, all boomed in there. However, the major issue was someone was playing with my DR100 and reformatted the card...

This means the sound is all in-camera and I am extremely thankful for my VG10 which has just about usable sound quality. It is a little bassy and tinny but it was better than nothing.

Back