need help (scriptwriter and/or director) about comic-like project.

hi people, it's me again. xD

here's the deal. i have been working a project in my mind for years. the original idea was to express myself through comics. but it wasn't enough for me, i needed to see my ideas in motion.

i'm planning to start developing the script but i'm gonna need some extra help from a scriptwriter or a director who will like the idea (nearly all greek films are low budget).

the atmosphere is dark (black and white/yellow with colors only in specific places, i hope Frank Miller won't sue me), noir-goth like the Batman series and generally little bit depressive but with action. think of it as a mixture of sin city, 300, the first few batman films, dark city, the rope, planet terror and countless more (i also wanna transfer a videogame to the big screen, but that's an other huge topic).

i still don't know how this universe will end up like. it will be a movie with sequels? a tv show? no clue, the only thing i know is that i don't want it to end fast, which means extreme inspiration. and that's the part where the help comes. i have infinite inspiration too, i just need to get unstuck and listen to other ideas of like-minded people. :)

cheerz! :D

hi people, it's me again. xD

here's the deal. i have been working a project in my mind for years. the original idea was to express myself through comics. but it wasn't enough for me, i needed to see my ideas in motion.

i'm planning to start developing the script but i'm gonna need some extra help from a scriptwriter or a director who will like the idea (nearly all greek films are low budget).

the atmosphere is dark (black and white/yellow with colors only in specific places, i hope Frank Miller won't sue me), noir-goth like the Batman series and generally little bit depressive but with action. think of it as a mixture of sin city, 300, the first few batman films, dark city, the rope, planet terror and countless more (i also wanna transfer a videogame to the big screen, but that's an other huge topic).

i still don't know how this universe will end up like. it will be a movie with sequels? a tv show? no clue, the only thing i know is that i don't want it to end fast, which means extreme inspiration. and that's the part where the help comes. i have infinite inspiration too, i just need to get unstuck and listen to other ideas of like-minded people. :)

cheerz! :D

I do like the sound of that!

Cool. Go on and dream big. :)

Just one idea, since you're in Greece, how about a gritty reimagining of the Greek pantheon?

I think there might have been at least one recent TV show placing Greek gods, or some such gods, in modern life. It didn't make a very good impression on me in the few minutes I watched it though. And it didn't look modeled on those books and films you mentioned, either.

This isn't too gritty, but it does place the gods in a mundane, modern setting. Mix in some fun, a little bit of magic realism, and the always compelling Uma Thurman and you might get something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujqoQ6V_kl0

Of course your story would be darker and more gritty.

thank you all for your kind words! :)

so, my universe takes place in a big city called Garthstone City. i have written short bios of the main characters (who are named after the members of one of my favorite bands, Iron Maiden), i have designed the outfits and general style of the gangs that control the city's suburbs and i'm currently designing the map of the city. i also have tons of ideas written in my computer's notepad, such as quotes, notes about directing, backgrounds and all kinds of stuff.

but all those ain't enough. i will still need your help, guys.

if you liked what i said, feel free to pm me anytime or better add me in facebook so we can communicate real-time (you can find my fb in my forum's profile).

thank you once again, fellas! one love. :D

Back