• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Need assistence

Hello there all.

I am working with someone who has 5 stories in his head... he's written one story and is nearly done with the second. This is a zombie genre type project with a lot of 3D Animations and characters.

Thing is, we want to turn the story into script and I personally do not have the time to even think about it.

I'm wondering if any of you writers would be interested in taking on this sort of task. We can work out all the details off site.

Have any of you done this before?

What's the going rate for the story to script conversion?

Anyone somewhat interested in this?

Filmy? Clive? anyone?:hmm:

Coot,

If you mean you need the remaining 3 of 5 seperate "Tales" scripted (Like Creepshow) then I'd contribute
a 20-30 pager based on his story, outline, concept or detailed notes just for the credit.

On the other hand, if you need one person to script a feature based on 5 stories, then sorry.

-Billy-

These stories will be feature length.
The first one "Invincible Hunger" is 109 pages. The second one is not completed yet, story is at 72 pages so far.

So right now, we're getting all of the 3D models ready and rigged for animation. We're working on finding a location with a large greenscreen, etc.

We are planning for funding on this but haven't approached anyone due to not having a script.

Interesting...

CootDog said:
Hello there all.

I am working with someone who has 5 stories in his head... he's written one story and is nearly done with the second. This is a zombie genre type project with a lot of 3D Animations and characters.

Thing is, we want to turn the story into script and I personally do not have the time to even think about it.

I'm wondering if any of you writers would be interested in taking on this sort of task. We can work out all the details off site.

Have any of you done this before?

What's the going rate for the story to script conversion?

Anyone somewhat interested in this?

Filmy? Clive? anyone?:hmm:

Sounds interesting but wow... I have so many projects going on right now and actually, I should RIGHT NOW be on the road to Smell-A for the Screenwriting Expo but I'm trying to get a couple of these shorts judged before I head out...

Based on what I read above... All feature length scripts... Technically speaking, you're talking about some real money there... On the other hand, if this is going to end up as Indie Super low budget fare... Then negotiations are definitely in order... Pretty much whatever a screenwriter is willing to do them for...

I've helped many people do this before and I wouldn't mind maybe helping to steer in the right direction as the project(s) progress but no way could I even think about tackling it myself...

Good luck with it!

filmy

So.. you need a film adaptation of a 100 page story?

Any specific length you're looking at for a final product as a film? Keeping in mind of course that adaptations are not just rewriting verbatim in script format.. (for example, the Harry Potter books are what like 400+ pages long and the films are just over the 2 hour mark)

Guess it doesn't matter really... I'm game. I can definately use a good winter project.

Back