Need advice for documentary filmmaking.

Hi,

I just joined this community and I am seeking advice for becoming a filmmaker. The subject I would like to focus on is very wide, including environmental care, animals protection, social issues and education.
My background is Mass Communication and Animation, my goal is broadcasting good content in my country Taiwan and to the rest of the world. I would like to output documentaries, animation, short or feature length depends on the situation in the future. Since Taiwanese media is a mess and also the politics, we don't know how to take care of our land and fight for our citizen's rights, I feel very frustrated and really want to do something to change the situation.

I would like to know is there any company or studio that is doing similar works. I really want to learn more and execute my passion through correct knowledge and skills.

If there is no similar company, as an independent filmmaker, what should I do? I really need advice! ( I have prepared to fight this long-term battle, I know it takes years or decades to achieve what I want.)

Thank you so much.

Mirror

Back