• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch my short film that was pitched to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim

The Uncle Pete documentary has finished it's festival run and now it's online! Please show some love for this little movie and SHARE SHARE SHARE!

The humor is pretty dark and it's like South Park offensive.

Last edited:
(edited for clarity) I never noticed this before, but this promotion section says
-----
READ BEFORE POSTING!
  • If posting a video, please choose here OR the Video Showcase and not both.
  • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.
--------
specifically i am referring to the line "person posting may not be open to feedback"

i dont want to provide unsolicited unwanted feedback
I'll just say I watched the first 4 minutes.

Last edited:
Did I post it in more than one group?

I don't get it. Did I break a rule or something?

yeah what mara was saying " the person posting may not be open to feedback. " is a big warning at the top of the screen.
If you want feedback you have to ask for it

sorry for any misunderstanding, if there was a site problem youd get a PM not called out in public. you did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Ah, okay.

Feel free. You can't make a movie like this and expect everyone to like it. There's a definitely political bent.

He's definitely right about the confused target audience with having the words kids show in the title

I think it would have been funnier if the host was obvious off the rails and everyone around him wasn't.
You know the classic comedy routine of a wacky guy and a straight guy.

Instead pete's views are coming off as right wing establishment views and now its way more serious.
some of these scenes, instead of making me laugh i feel like im watching somebody venting political frustrations through satire.

like maybe the comedy is coming second? and the politics are coming first.

Last edited:
Every live screening I've done, it's about 90 seconds in and then it become super obvious this is a farce. Normal people are interviewed throughout that play the "straight man" role you are describing.

Every live screening I've done, it's about 90 seconds in and then it become super obvious this is a farce.

Most adults have the mental capacity to know what they're watching after a minute and a half.
You could have called it the lord of the rings sequel and they still would have know what theyre watching 90 seconds in.

Last edited:
Some adults watched all 80 minutes of the Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity and didn't know it was fiction.

Hey I said most adults not all adults 😄
Yeah thats the problem with feedback, you stand by your title and I get that.

I'm just saying the kid was confused by the title and I agreed his confusion was in character for a person with his attributes.
none of that would matter if the show caught on. people would get what its about after the first episode youre right.

Last edited:
Back