• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My short film summary

Some people had commented on previous script threads I had made saying that it was hard to follow because there was no type of overall story to compare the scene too. Here is the overall summary, what do you think?

Keith is having visions of a changing future that continually leads to the death of him and his friends. Not willing to actually let this happen, he decides to inform the guys of what he knows. This leads to the future making a drastic change and events become rearranged. He doesn’t know who it is that is tracking them. He discovers, after Tyler changes the future again and Joey’s father died, that it is Joey who is telling their information to a tracker. Joey was selling information about the resistance group to save his father’s job. When his job was done, the guys who employed him killed his father to show that they couldn’t be messed with. The guys plan on removing Joey from the group but they need a confession to ensure that he won’t do it again. They don’t know that Joey has actually been sending them information to set the government into a trap. He was lacing the real information with false tidbits that would get the government’s top leaders to ransack a meeting of the Resistance that would actually be a huge ambush.

Also, there is a much larger overall story that ranges from years before this to years after. I have grown attached to this story and would love to eventually make a prequel and/or sequel(s) for this film.

i like the idea of the future deaths and all, but bringing the government in and having a "judas" in the group makes it kind of confusing, at least in the paragraph you gave.
it kind of reminds me of Final Destination tbh, but overall, yea, i like it.

The larger connections come in through the extended background. The humans created the Portals through the use of a device that enhanced natural abilities. Then one Portal who was a high ranking govt. official was tired of being used as nothing more than a weapon so he overthrew America's government and lead uprisings across the world. Two of the members in the resistance group are his sons who are mad that he killed their mother to achieve total power. That is why the government comes into play. They all know each other because their parents are Chancellors of the different regions in the world. Joey knows that his dad may lose his status (and therefore all of his money and Joey's importance in society) so he gives the government info about their resistance group

I like the idea too.

From reading the scene you posted previously, I understood that you tend to stress on dialog more then I would like.

Show us, don't tell us :)

Back