• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

My new site!

Nice colors in the showreel Paul. Nice site too. What skyline is that? I'm always impressed by skyline pictures. I've no idea why. Something in my brain clicks and I love them all.

Good luck with the production company.

FANTASTIC!
The site is nice and clean. Very navigable. Material well organized.
Your work is really great, especially your photography and graphic design work.
It's nice to see people are more than one-trick-ponies.
I'm verrrry impressed. --> FB rec!

The humor in the show reel is great, too. Love it.

Very nice. In the reel, right after the ferris wheel carny stuff--- is that just a dolly on an diagonally lifted track for the outdoors/nature/deck shot? That was cool.

Thanks! Yup, I did it. Websites are one of my least favorite things to do. They take a long time and working with code is a lot less fun than video. I use Wordpress for this site, hacked apart a couple of themes and plugins and after a lot of little tweaks here it is :)

That garden shot was actually me moving very cautiously with a Canon 7D/14mm lens on a monopod, then I used warp stabilizer to smooth it out. Cheating maybe? But it works!

Thanks! Yup, I did it. Websites are one of my least favorite things to do. They take a long time and working with code is a lot less fun than video. I use Wordpress for this site, hacked apart a couple of themes and plugins and after a lot of little tweaks here it is :)

So arrogant :rolleyes:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

It's nice to see people are more than one-trick-ponies.

I'm curious as to what you mean by this. As a Cinematographer, does that make me a 'one-trick-pony'? By the same token, does that then make Roger Deakins a 'one-trick-pony?'

There's nothing wrong with becoming an expert at one thing, you don't need to do one hundred things to be respected.

Paul, great work on the site - very nice. I do agree that your photography and design work are your strongest, and are very impressive. Reel is good too, I especially enjoy your mograph/compositing work, as well as the editing and music on the reel in general.

Nice one :)

Back