• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My new shortfilm: JACKPOT!

Hey guys!

I just completed a new shortfilm, an action-comedy with a bizarre twist in the end! Running time is 7½ minutes.

The shortfilm is made as part of my final exam before I take my bachelor's degree in Film & Media Studies at the University of Copenhagen.

If you're familiar with Lars Von Triers "Kingdom", you'll see a familiar face in the film ;)

JACKPOT

The film is in Danish with English subtitles.

I hope you enjoy it - please drop off a few comments :)

-Kasper

That was pretty :cool:

I saw the punchline gimmick coming right from the start, but it was good nonetheless.

Great titling in the opening. Nice panning in the opening, too.

Love that AstroCreep: 2000 song, "More Human Than Human"... hope that (and the other songs) won't be a problem later. ;)

Excellent stunt work and well choreographed fight.

Not sure who you were hinting at for the familiar face... the man on the TV at the end looked like John Hurt after a month-long heroin rampage, though. :lol: (Checked credits... wasn't him)

Nice touch with the lollipop, too. Gave that one character something memorable & unique.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you like it :)

Yeah, the film operates on two different levels depending on whether you guessed what's in the urn or not. If you didn't guess it, the film works with a surprise twist in the end and if you guessed it, the film works as a suspense builder, where you as a spectator looks forward to see what happens next with the characters.

The guy on the TV in the end is Baard Owe of "Kingdom" fame, where he plays Professor Bondo... And he's in Trier's "Europe" too.

-Kasper

Great film. I really wished the
powder had been in something less obvious than an urn
, but I thought it was a good short nonetheless. I especially liked the
numerous beer bottles on the table.
For some reason that made me laugh.

Poke

'please be nice and give me back my wife...she can't possibly be of any value to you'

:lol:

I agree with Poke on
the urn
, but he is right, its still good. I think what Zen has mentioned about the
'pop
and
the fight
certainly helped your short maintain some charm and charisma so that the end wasn't as weak as it might have been otherwise. Nice outdoor shots - I enjoyed the setting there particularly. Top Danish fashion too!
Welcome to IndieTalk!
:)

Great Job

I loved the look of the opening burglary scene. The titling was well done with "Jackpot" appearing in the flashlight. Now what did youi shoot this with what settings,effects etc. Well done!

Back