• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My new short film The Cheater. Would love feedback!

You had me going until their second meeting... Then I realized what kind of cheating was actually going on. LOL. I also liked that you didn't use any dialogue.

I enjoyed it!

*NOTE: I didn't get the kiss at the end. What am I missing?

Thank you Unknown Screenwriter. Glad you enjoyed it!

and the kiss at the end basically means that the wife is also a cheater. Her husband is cheating on his diet, but she is cheating on him literally.

Last edited:
Man this is really good!
Reminds me of my film festival days, and attending shorts programs.

It could use a little audio cleanup. The wind in the mic track isn't even needed since there is no dialogue you can just use some clean ambient. And when he's approaching the man in the alley it sounds like he is about to say "Hey" and it cuts off, so that needs to be cleaner.

The photographs looks a little odd, like photo copies, and some looked worn?

But hey, I still think it's pretty awesome!

I like it a lot too - and it's always great to see DTJC in a movie (I lived on Fourth St for many years).

Re photos - looked odd to me too.
I was almost expecting a shot at the end of the detective treating himself to a new printer - or even just new ink - now that he's gotten paid
:)

Love the feedback. Thanks guys! The short was filmed all around JC. It really is a beautiful area.

And the odd-looking photos were printed out from fed ex 🙃

Last edited:
Very nicely done!! cool you did it with a very small team. The thing with corona is, it also is some inspiration for extra creativity because you can't do what you normally do. (less crew, less things..). Love the fact you didn't use dialogue. And i like the way you worked out 2 kind of 'cheater' stories :D. Very fun to watch.
Good job!

Back