• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My (male) character’s background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys! Since I told you about my idea, I changed a lot. For example, my female protagonist’s name isn’t Luna anymore. Now I decide its Mara. – But that’s not important for this thread yet. I also created a background story for the character Raymond. I want to know if it’s cheesy now. (Yah! You can tell me I should just write. But I don’t wanna a character, who is just made of flesh and bone. I wanna give them A SOUL. So…) Ok. Here it is:
Before Raymond meet Mara, he worked for the company DEFORM (Department for modifying creatures). Raymond never knew what they do exactly there. The company is also a pharma and cosmetic company. Until he was chosen for a top-secret program. There, he found out that they manipulate the DNA of werewolves, vampires and much more creatures to create mutants. Or they were looking for a cure to deaden the powers of vampires and werewolves. Disgusted by these experiments, he decided to give his job up. Later, he meets Mara.

So … Is it a good idea to give him a moral background? Or is it too typical for novice authors, who hope it’s good?

Stop wasting people's time.

People here asked you to write for a reason. This is more of the same.

You are not a writer. You are a dreamer. How do I know? Writers write. They don't dream of writing one day, they literally pick up a pen and put it to paper. It's not like dreaming of being an astronaut. You can become a writer anytime you want. Time to see if you are. Stop these types of posts please, it is becoming a nuisance on the forum. As Mara said, come back with a screenplay and we can help! A treatment, a short story, something.

These nonsense threads will be closed by moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back