• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My hand held camera move

I did this little film few months ago, not a big fan of it but just wanted to share it because there is one shot I really like, when the girl enters the bar and I do a longer take as I follow her. And then when she approaches the guy

What do you think of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beyqmmiIdcU

Last edited:
The camera movement and shot is fine. Gets a little shaky in the middle and the zoom at the very end is horrible. The problem with the shot is the colouring. The bloom effect or whatever was used is horrible and massively distracting to how the rest of the film looks.

I wasn't really distracted. Good effort Lukas, as usual. Action is difficult to pull off properly, isn't it?

The long shot was good. I liked it. Maybe have the camera a bit higher next time.
Good music.
Cheers,
Aveek

The camera movement and shot is fine. Gets a little shaky in the middle and the zoom at the very end is horrible. The problem with the shot is the colouring. The bloom effect or whatever was used is horrible and massively distracting to how the rest of the film looks.

the reason I posted it on here was only the hand-held (no fly cam used) shot, ofcourse you will find all the negatives in that film, because that's what people love to do, but as I said, I am not a fan of it myself and it is not really a film but a video for youtube that's it. All I care about is the hand-held shot, 95% of camera guys I know have shaky hands and can't pull steady shots bare hand. :D

Good shot and elevates the short (which needs elevating). Sure, it's impressive you can do that without a steadicam. Being harsh, the fact that it is without a steadicam is irrelevant to me as it is the shot which is important and as a director, I don't care how it is executed.

Can I borrow a couple of those handguns?

Back