• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

my first short script What Sammy saw last night

OK here is nothing I just completed my first short script and I took it in a completely different direction I realize it's a little illogical but it's because it is a dream sequence and its scene from a cat's perspective. I'm trying from my background in both art and psychology and trying to make this rich in both surrealistic symbols psychoanalytical symbols. out appreciate the script critiqued and any input will be highly valuable I'm going to post my entire script.

What sammy saw last night

CXXXXXXXXXX X. XXXXXXX

Fade IN:

Int. living room

A big black cat walking around then jumps on a chair and lays down.

Fade out

Fade in:

EXT. Out side the house during the day. A rather large man dressed in winter clothing carries an open umbrella over himself walks up to the door. Stopping briefly he adjusts his attire and opens the door.

INT. He walks through the door into the dining room of the home as a dinner party is going on. The camera maintaining a close-up on the man as he approaches the table. Slowly walking around the table counter clockwise. The camera pulls back from a close-up to reveal six chairs around the table. As the man walks around the table starting with the Jamey dressed in night and day clothes continuing around the table he passes a nude mannequin next to death dressed in a suit as he continues around the table he passes an empty chair where he would set than on the other side the table he passes a individual in a cat costume and finally a woman dressed in a dress consisting of pieces of cat food strong together. Then he approaches the buffet and starts frantically searching around on the buffet, for his cat nip. Amongst the articles on the buffet are lobsters, eggs and art supplies.

dave

I lost my catnip

Standing up and flailing her arms as she runs around touching this and that tell she runs right up next to the Dave falling to the floor in a state of excited tension.

jamey

What the hell! It is like we are all dead? can any one tell me are we alive or dead?

Getting on all 4?s she howls like a dog. Yelling at the top of her lungs.

Bob! Bob!

Unlike any butler Bob (late 40?s early 50?s) looks like an average homeless person with dreadlocks adorning his head and a face that has been scarred by the years and the weather. He is a very thin man and tall in stature. At hearing, Jamey calling his name he comes running in looking vary dishevelled trying to do up his trousers.

Jamey (cont?d)

Yo! Like what the hell for once cant you just tell me if I?m alive? what is life? are any of us alive

Giving Jamey a dirty look Bob proceeds to walk over and smacker her but; as he eyes everyone eating dinner.

bob

Hell your asking me if you alive. I don?t even know what it is to live. So before I can answer I most of lived.

cut to:

INT. Living room

Sitting in the living Jamey is reading a book on the couch. In walks Dave to the cabinet and rummages through the contents of a looking for a prophylactic and some lubrication. Jamey notices Bob and looks up from her book with disgust.

Jamey

You're out of luck I?m not in the mood.

cut to:

EXT. the back of the house

Dave walks out to the middle of the lawn and sits down. Looking up at the stars he doses not notice Bob walk up beside him.

bob

Very rarely do I see you out here. The Mrs must have turned you down again.

Looking up at the Dave Bob shoots him a look (like what the hell do you care). Bob turns around and walks off.

INT.Garage

Looking through the boxes Dave comes upon the costume head of a cat. He puts it on in walks out of the garage.

Cut to:

EXT. the back of the house

From off in a distance we see Bob on all fours being petted like a cat by Dave.

fadeout

fadein:

INT. Living room

The cat awakes and sits up in the chair.

VO

Damn what a dream I need to lay off the catnip.

fadeout

theend

Back