My Blog on Filmmaking and Life

I'm constantly amazed at your life insight for such a young guy, TrueStar. Life is indeed, short, and yes, take your pop to a ball game or your mother to dinner. Think I will pass this link to my sisters who had been given the best, but somehow can't spare the time to indulge my parents with a simple meal. /rant...for today, anyhow.

This reminds me of another relation from cinema to life.
Take Ozu's "Tokyo Story" for instance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8mV4SWizww
While not one of my favorite movies, it certainly says a great ordeal about the meaning of life, and the fact that children and people in general become too selfish and ego-centric in the world.

I'm a student of life and the human condition in general bird....

I try to observe everything going on in the world. I talk to everyone and learn from them all. I share their laughter, sadness, trials, and tribulations. I strive to put every single piece of art, film, and all of my experiences into my films.

I've seen a great deal of darkness in my life, and I believe it's made me grow as a person....

I actually had a long conversation with my father last night about whether or not i'm going to go back to school, or just going to work full-time and write/do the film on the side.

There's also a part of me wondering if joining the military would make my perspective on life better, and make me a better writer....

But i've heard too much darkness/tragedy can change you for the worse, and I don't want that....
The last thing I want is to lose my passion....

I'm in a hard situation and i'm still figuring out what to do. And while you guys think 21 is young, I believe i'm getting old fast. I'm running out of time and I have to make the correct decisions now.

I just started blogging also. I haven't put as much into mine as you have but its a work in progress. How do you get people to go to your site. Ive had 14 views and I'm pretty sure they are all from me editing the blog.

I haven't put much time into mine either.
Just a couple of entries.
Probably less than 2 hours total.

I don't have a ton of views or anything, I just tell close friends and filmmakers to check it out.
As it will contain my personal thoughts, ideas, and experiences.

If you want a ton of views on your blog, network son!!!!

I did a blog pretty much like this, just my musings on life. It's pretty fun just to vent your feelings through a medium like this.

If I had one recommendation it would be run each post through spell check just before you post it. On my movie blog (see signature) I used to not bother and even though I consider myself a pretty strong speller/grammarphile people still kept bringing typos and little spelling errors to my attention (like polfilmblog above). Now I write everything in word before I post it which was definitely a good decision.

Just a friendly recommendation :D

@gooberman I used to have the same problem when I used blogspot. My recommendations are simple. Wordpress.com is better than blogspot, but Wordpress.org is even better tha Wordpress.com (if you're willing to put in time and effort). I recommend setting up a Facebook and Twitter page for your site, it's simple publicity. To begin with I had like 5 followers on Twitter and I now have 350, so it's a pretty useful way of doing things. Also purchasing a .com domain name will do you a world of good...

to pol - my bad, I wasn't considering the spelling since I rushed through it when I made it.

to nickc - That's odd since I'm usually pretty damn good with spelling without spellcheck. I'll use it next time I write an entry. I was drunk during the "True Love" entry, so It was the last thing on my mind at that moment.

Do you have a link to your blog? I'll subscribe as well.

My blog is www.TheClapperBored.com but it's a Wordpress rather than Blogger blog, so I'm not sure you'll be able to... I'll dig around and try and find my blogspot account so that I can follow you...

As I said I'm a pretty good speller too (I'm doing English at university, so I damn well should be :D ) but it's almost impossible to avoid some errors slipping through the net if you don't run it through a program like Word (which isn't fool proof, but will cut out most of the spelling errors).

Back