• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My 2009 Demo Reel (Please Critique)

The music and intro grabbed me. Sound was great. Special effects were great though I am not too keen on heads being blown off (I mean unless Jason or Freddy were doing the shootin') but it was good special effects. Close up shots were good. Some shots I didn't get like the guy rolling on the front lawn - maybe the camera was too far away and I missed something?
It looked like you put a lot of work into it...but I will say the sound was excellent and the music suited your story. Too many people have terrible sound and / or music that doesn't fit the film.

Last edited:
That was a fun video. I think it's a great start, and showcases that even though you're still a novice, you're certainly able to pull off some usable effects.

Your blood work and muzzle flash is pretty solid...certainly usable in indie film.

As far as the chopper landing in the yard, it obviously doesn't match. Try doing some research on HDRI lighting...that way the chopper model will be lit BY the environment map. After which you will color-correct as well. And of course...details are important--choppers create massive winds...and the trees and grass weren't moving at all...instant reality break.

As far as the reel itself...it's pretty cool. Good pacing, catchy music. Maybe you want to open your reel explaining your expertise...what it is you do. I wasn't sure what kind of a reel it was at first.

Good luck. Keep it up.

Back