• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Music rights and working overseas

Next week I leave for South Sudan. I will be doing media production for a development organization there, from the field, for a year. All of my shooting and editing will be done in country in Africa.

Royalty free is a source and option for music. The problem is, it is hard to find good music from royalty free sources online. Does anyone have a source they like or that has quality material. I'm not looking for the cheapest option, I am looking for what works.

There is a music resource here in the US I like, firstcom.com, and I use a needle drop model for rights with their music. However, since I am editing in Africa, I can't get the synch rights to download and use their music there. This is a great music library for licensing individual tracks based on usage and project. Music from these resources is usually much better. Does anyone know of any libraries for producers like this that would have synch rights in Africa?

Or if you know any composers that you like for documentary, non-fiction tv, and commercials, that would be helpful as well. Thanks.

Royalty Free Instant Film Composer

Hi MirageFilms / Andrew,

If you are still looking for a solution for your South Sudan project, I might be able to help you.

I am a royalty free instant film composer. A what? Let me explain.

(NOT ONLY) FILM COMPOSER
With my music I help you telling stories, getting messages across and creating experiences. For films, TV, advertising, websites and games.

ROYALTY FREE
All music I compose is royalty free. That means you pay me only once, and you can use the music as much and as long as you want for one single production. This is possible because I am not associated to a performance right organisation (PRO) like ASCAP, BMI, SESAC (US), PRS (UK), Gema (Germany), SACEM (France), Buma/Stemra (The Netherlands). I think I can serve my clients better without being associated to a PRO.

INSTANT COMPOSER
For custom music, I developed a unique composing method that delivers you the right music very fast. Live in my studio or via Skype. Within an hour I compose a first demo for you, based on your production and needs. I do this in an interactive way, asking you questions about your story, your audience and moods necessary to tell your story. I do this no cure no pay. That means you don't have to pay me if you don't like the music.

PRODUCTS & SERVICE
* library music:
- www.royaltyfree-musiclibrary.com
- all music is composed and produced by me
- track licenses and memberships available
* custom music:
- www.woutersiteur.nl (website is in Dutch, but you can translate it with Google Translate)
- unique instant composing method (see above)
- non-exclusive and exclusive licenses available
* free music
- www.royaltyfree-musiclibrary.com/free-music

CONTACT
Please contact me for more information:
info@woutersiteur.nl
+316 - 5261 9119

Kind regards,

Wouter Siteur

Back