• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Music Promotion

Who can advise some site where newly created band can promote its music? I’d like to make my band more popular. Somebody gave me a link on artistecard.com on my facebook page. Does anybody know these services? Maybe someone knows other sites, something affordable?

SoundCloud is good but you only get out what you put in. You have to reply to people and listen to their songs too.
Otherwise a combo of many sites with FB or Twitter as a hub should get you started.

It's not enough to be out there, you have to offer up good music with a high production standard (mixing, mastering) and show that you are a real person with a heart, all at once.

Twitter is a no brainer, it makes you more personal and you can personally build up links, i havent had a great experience with facebook to be honest soundcloud is a must to so make it coincide with each other.

but on the other hand, rubbish music is rubbish music so if no one likes it then your on your own

Hey AngelaCA,

I would start with all the free social media sites first. The stand by ones are Facebook, Twitter, but there are other great sites like SoundCloud, Instagram (photo sharing), Tumblr, LinkdIn (not a lot of musicians use these, but promoters, publishers, managers etc... use LinkedIn), and a whole slew of others.

I agree with the 2 people who posted before me. Social media is like your garden. If you don't water it, then you don't see it grow. You do have to put work into doing social media, but there are so many apps and sites to help you cut down your social media work. Sites like HootSuite will send out the same post to your Twitter, Facebook and Facebook fan page all at once! Also, Instagram will send a photo to your facebook, twitter and Tumblr so you don't have to do it 3 separate times.

I run a website called www.musicians-journey.com. It's created to help musicians with questions like yours. Read the article below. I have a bunch of different sites you can use. Don't stretch yourself out too thin with social media though!

http://musicians-journey.com/online-music-promotion-advice-and-things-to-avoid

Back