• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Music paperwork

Hi guys,
First I apologize if someone has already posted something similar to this, but I could not find what I was looking for.

A local band is giving me permission to use some of their songs in my upcoming projects. I know sooner or later I will need paperwork to justify this. Does anyone know where I can get some paperwork for this? All the documents I have come accross are for circumstances in which you pay for the music. I am not paying for the music. This is an exchange of services.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

DirectorX said:
All the documents I have come accross are for circumstances in which you pay for the music. I am not paying for the music. This is an exchange of services.

Why not pay each other? Simply pay each other the same ammount on paper, and they cancel out. You can even swap checks to complete the paper trail.

Thanks

Thanks a lot guys. arniepix, that's an interesting suggestion that I have not considered, but I just moved and am broke! Need to find a job!! If anyone knows of any video related job offers in the Los Angeles area (or anywhere in S. California) please let me know! :wink:

sonnyboo, thanks for the link. I see you have some new things up since the last time I visited. I think the music.doc file under UPM should work, unless you recommend something else.

Thanks again.

Back