Motivation

What motivates you as a filmmaker? How do you motivate others as a filmmaker? How do you motivate yourself as a filmmaker?

The act of getting someone to do something you request of them can be difficult or it can be easy. As part of this process, what are some of the techniques to utilise when dealing with someone who cannot be motivated to perform a request?

How many chances can you give people as a filmmaker when they continually let you down on their commitments to a project?

What have been some of the solutions or outcomes of dealing with difficult to motivate people?

These things are what we all as filmmakers experience as one point or another. I would like this thread to be a place where posters can come together and speak about their experiences, ask questions and share advice on this topic and share their feedback.

What motivates you as a filmmaker?

Letting other people see the pictures in my head.

How do you motivate others as a filmmaker?

The same way Dale Carnagie did, by making them feel important.

How do you motivate yourself as a filmmaker?

Tell myself to stop being such a lazy piece of shit.

The act of getting someone to do something you request of them can be difficult or it can be easy. As part of this process, what are some of the techniques to utilize when dealing with someone who cannot be motivated to perform a request?

If I can't motivate them and they won't motivate themselves, I fire them.

How many chances can you give people as a filmmaker when they continually let you down on their commitments to a project?

One.

What have been some of the solutions or outcomes of dealing with difficult to motivate people?

I don't work with them anymore.

These things are what we all as filmmakers experience as one point or another. I would like this thread to be a place where posters can come together and speak about their experiences, ask questions and share advice on this topic and share their feedback.

what motivates me is im a kid and alot of people think its impossible to be an actor let alone director, proudcer , writer , filmer , editor and special effects artist. i wnat to prove them rong and all the guys thet think i can do it right. so i see what i can do go to great lenghts .
"the impossible cna become possible if you try"

I liked your answers Lucky, very honest.

Weirdbox - You will probably experience that a lot over the course of your life. The important thing is to never give up and keep working towards your goals.

Many filmmakers who are successful began their careers by making movies when they were young. They worked their way up and learnt from each film and put what they learnt into their next project.

thanks

Weirdbox - You will probably experience that a lot over the course of your life. The important thing is to never give up and keep working towards your goals.

Many filmmakers who are successful began their careers by making movies when they were young. They worked their way up and learnt from each film and put what they learnt into their next project.[/QUOTE]

thats very admirable words thankyou

Back