Minolta MD to EOS adapter?

Hey guys,

I have a chance to buy a Minolta / Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 for really cheap but I wanted to make sure it would work well on a T3i? Is it going to translate well? Do any of you use Vivitar lenses on a Canon?

Thanks ahead for your kind advice... I'm new to this whole picture thing. I'm quite addicted as you've probably noticed ;) Hell, might even give up my day job in audio!!!

(maybe...)

Deja Vu! From your other thread... haha

Oly Z's are pretty decent lenses, they add their own quality to video with DSLRs. If I remember properly, you'll find them a bit "cold" in color cast in comparison to the M42 glass. In fact, there's a 14-35/2.0 that's ridiculously nice, but it's 4/3 mount so it won't be of much use to you. Try out the 50 and post up some footage here! I'd love to see what the quality is like.

If you check this short film out that I shot about a year ago, you can see the 50/1.4 SMC Takumar + 7D combo in use next to a RED (original sensor) + Old Anamorphic Lomos at the end. It'll also give you an idea of how the two formats cut together, at least for small display: http://vimeo.com/13422656

I'm a major proponent of grabbing old glass and trying things out. Some of my favorite lenses are Vivitar zooms, especially the SLOOOWWW ones that nobody wants to use.

If you're going to grab some vivitars, make it ease on yourself and get M42 copies since you have an M42 to EOS adapter. They'll probably be cheaper, as well.

I have a few dinky Vivitar lenses that I love using on DSLRs when I actually shoot with 'em. I think I've got a video on Vimeo using one for a promo.

my bad... Sorry about that, moderator... I fail again...

Bah, hope someone bids higher than I did so I don't have to buy it ;)

I'll PM you next time, Kholi. That ok? hehe.

Oh! No worries, man. Post it in your original thread to get a much insight as possible.

I've just had a lot of playtime with cameras and lenses in my short history, haha. Always good to experiment while you can!

Back