computer-related Min laptop specs for davinci resolve 1080 and 4k editing

Hi all. I've been using desktop pc for editing for over year now, but I need now laptop, because I'm going abroad for about 6 months. I need some laptop with specs that can edit mostly 1080p and sometimes 4k. I don't care if it takes too long to render or if sometimes playback is not smooth. As long as it can do the job (specialy with 4k editing, effects and color grade). Now I did some research, most people say 16g ram, i7 7th gen, gtx 1050 is not enough for 4k. But what if I edit and color grade in proxy, would it be ok then? And I am thinking buying used laptop, not new.
I found these two laptops:
-Asus Rog Zephyrus Ga502du AMD Ryzen 7 3750H, Quad-core, 2.3 GHz / 4.0 GHz, 6 MB cache, 16 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz), 24 GB max installable RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q, 6 GB GDDR6, Storage: 512 GB SSD, Screen size: 15.6", Screen type: LED, Resolution: Full HD 1920 x 1080p, Screen features: 120 Hz display,
-Dell Alienware M17x R3, i7-6820HK 2.7GHz (3.6GHz Turbo), 16GB DDR4 RAM, 180GB SSD + 1TB Hard Drives, 17.3" 4K LED Display, Dual Graphics: 1. Intel HD530 2. NVIDIA GTX 980M
Both 1000€ used. Which one of these is more suitable? Thanks

Granted, this was a couple of years ago but I wanted something similar. Did a lot of research and read about the Dell M6800 Workstation Laptop. In less than a month, I found a brand new one on eBay with 32 gigs of ram and a 2 terabyte SSD drive for under a $1000. This would have easily been a $3K to $4K purchase directly from Dell.

After I got it? I added another 2 TB SSD drive and let me tell you... I love this thing. Plus? For screenwriting and writing? This may seem trivial but I LOVE the keys. Most laptops today have completely flat keys and I hate those. The M6800 has keys that allow your fingers to find the center very easily. I never knew this was going to be a problem until I'd bought a laptop that had flat keys.

This is a Dell reprint of the original article I found online that sold me on the M6800:

Creative agency raises its game

Back