MetFilmschool:

Hi, I'm new here and I was thinking about going to the young filmmakers academy in July, my question is to anyone who has tried it, is it worth the money? Thanks for any replies! :)

Allthough I cant speak for that specific course a close friend of mine is doing there two year BA in filmmaking. I know from him and the rest of the students the feel ultimatley ripped off, and i can understand why.

As far as i understand it they offer no traditional film training, not neceserally a bad thing but you will only learn about sony z1's and very little about different lenses and the like.

There tutors are from all over the place, most of them freelance in thier own field. Sounds good but theres a big jump from a professional to a teacher.

I dont think the palce is all that bad just the rest on the strengths a bit to much (ealing studios is awesome) but in my opinion they just cant justify the cost of thier courses and i do think theres better out there.

Before you commit check out New york Film Academy (they have a london campus) NFTS do short courses, as so Raindance and possibly the London Film School.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much for the help! Ill check out that other place. So what makes the NYFA better? Just wondering, and do they offer courses to under 18 year olds?

Last edited:
Back