• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Making a ten minute music film/video for the song Sweet and Sour Dreams

Hi there,

I'm making a short film/ (progressive) rock video and need a semi professional cameraman,or a good student. We will be making the music video/short film for

GOLDEN AGE TV PICTURES
PRESENTATION OF
SWEET AND SOUR DREAMS
a piece of music by
MATT STOLLAR

The film will be just under 10 minutes and around half of that will be live footage shot in Ealing and Harrow on the outskirts of London

The shooting script for the video is complete

I'm not against improvisation but I have a shot by shot script
just waiting to be filmed.

The influences for the film are more from the feature film arena:

Spielberg, Sergio Leone, Tarantino, Hitchcock

Think of it like a Sergio Leone film in Ealing starring a guy dressed in clothes like something out a cowboy film

Locations include inside and outside the church at Harrow On The Hill, possibly the Handel Museum or the Wilton's Music Hall, the iron bridge in Greenford, and various suburban streets in North Greenford night and day.

Many types of shots from long shots to extreme close ups are scripted so it is quite visually interesting and there will be a few moving shots.

It would be a bonus if the cameraman had a reasonable quality hd camera and a tripod. (a weighted apparatus like a steady-cam for moving shots is not essential but would be cool)

Credits and points

This is a bit lame to be discussing such things on a project like this,
However if I make any money out of the film we should come to some agreement relating to you getting points for the film

Because it is a little more than a music video but not quite a film I want to put credits at the beginning and end

Because you would be providing the camera you can share production credit as a co producer,

You would also get 'camera operator' credit.

If you add some major 'it' factor to the photography you would get 'director of photography' as well

(but give or take a few discussions I might like to co share that credit, only because I have designed most of the shots already,including the lighting options. I don't have my boots entrenched in the ground over this, don't be alarmed)

What can I do for you?

I am film score composer, director and a competent cameraman myself but am acting in this film so can't shoot. I also have talents in drawing storyboards,art design (I have a 2.1 fine art degree) I'm more painting/fine art but I can draw probably better than average storyboards. I'm a good editor, although I'm just learning digital editing having previously worked on super 8. I'm a good comedy actor and could also probably play a straight role

Matt Stollar

CONTACT

mattstollar@gmail.com

(There is a prototype version of the song available (but the song is still being
worked on and will be ready in 2/3 months. But it is set in stone enough to start filming the video tomorrow with all the cues in existence)

Last edited:
Back