• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Making a graduation Video

Hi all,
Just joined the site, anyway, I am a high school senior, and my friends and I are going to make a video for our graduation. We all have a decent amount of experience, and I have been editing on my pc for about 3 yeas now, my problem is my friends camera, an older Sony, has fire wire, but the scene detect in adobe premiere 1.5 pro capture will no work with it, it says there is no time code, however it works fine with my Optura 10, it is the model of the camera, not a malfunction, I have tried a different camera of the same model, and the same thing happens, I can not remember the model # but it has night vision, and fire wire out, and records on Hi8. My question is, is there software I can use to detect the scenes after they have been recorded, I downloaded one but could not figure it out. I am willing to purchase it, as long as it will work with adobe premiere pro 1.5. Thank you for you help, I am sure I am going to need more

we are hoping to get diffrent camera angles of the same action, also som nights there is more then one event going on, golf+ cross country, and we would like to be able to film both, oo and i almost forgot the main reason for using the sony, it has night vision, that will add a nice falir to the clips of a football game with the crowd and such, the optura cannot do low light, that is its one huge fault

Back