Makers of Zombieland couldn't afford Michael Cera?

I was convinced the beginning VO of Zombieland was Michael Cera.

Then I found out it was some kid who looked and acted exactly like him.

I guess the producers of Zombieland couldn't afford Michael Cera's paycheck?

Funny...

Well both Bill Murrey and Jim Bellushi both got thier fame from roles written for John Bellushi...maybe Micheal Cera was the guy the screen writer was thinking of...but the guy they got was pretty good.

I was convinced the beginning VO of Zombieland was Michael Cera.

Then I found out it was some kid who looked and acted exactly like him.

For a while, I also thought that this ZOMBIELAND kid, Jesse Eisenberg, and Michael Cera (JUNO, SUPERBAD) were the same person. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks they are very similar.

I guess Michael Cera will be playing the lead in GILLIGAN'S ISLAND. He's perfect for the part.

Hah! I guess there is a large market for wimpy white kids with high voices nowadays.

Maybe that kid from high-school who came to LA to be an actor will get a shot afterall!

They actually wanted to use Bill Murray for the whole film, but they could only afford him for one day.
So they killed him off.

They are a lot a like. I can see why people think they are the same person. The girl in the Zombieland movie is the same girl from Superbad the actors name is Emma Stone. That may have been another rason for the confusion. I agree the guy does look like Michael Cera.

Last edited:
Michael Cera would have ruined the movie. The movie wasn't a dry/deadpan humor flick and those are what he's ok at, anything else no.

The Michael Cera backlash has been enormous and almost single handedly bankrupted Scott Pilgrim (despite the fact that the movie was excellent). I've got nothing against Michael Cera but I would love to see him step at least a little bit out of him comfort zone...

...which is why I thought of this thread. Before, people were calling Jesse Eisenberg a poor man's Michael Cera (I think that my reference in the review might have been a subconscious response to this thread) but now he's almost certainly going to get a Best Actor Oscar Nomination and will probably be the second favourite to win. How times change!

Back