• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

MADNESS- my 170page crime epic

I started this baby about a year ago, it evolved from a post-apocalyptic road movie to what it ended up being:
a brutal modern commentary on organized crime in LA. Inspired by the news in Mexico about the gangs having rule over the civilians, etc.

It follows a drifter-like young man working as a rising associate for a tyrant, cocaine-addicted gang lord, as he becomes intertwined with a rival gang to overthrow him.

It's 174 pages, and yes, it's in standard Final Draft format. I would post the PDF but I'm really, really serious about this one and want to maybe send it out as a spec script.

If anyone wants to read it/give it a go and give me some feedback, please go ahead and PM me.

Nice!! In my opinion 174 pages is too long though for filming. My suggestion would be to see if you could get it down to around 100-120. Typically it's 1 minute of film per written page but I'm sure you already knew that!! :)

Nice!! In my opinion 174 pages is too long though for filming. My suggestion would be to see if you could get it down to around 100-120. Typically it's 1 minute of film per written page but I'm sure you already knew that!! :)

Yeah, dude. When I finished, I looked at it and was like, "Damn, how did that happen?" even though I filled up about two legal pads :lol:

I've heard a huge deal of the "No one will read it if it's over 120 pages" stuff and almost always abide by it with my other scripts, but with this one...I didn't see any other way. The story demanded it, but I guess I need to tell myself to shut up and cut it down a bit :lol:

I guess I labeled it an epic due to the length (and maybe subject matter :modesty: )

Back