Madness... 1080p in 2015..

so I was thinking, would it be insane to buy a C100 with a ninja (give me c300 image quality) in this day and age?

Currently co-own a GH4..

The ninja recorders are now dead cheap and give me 4:2:2, ok its not 10 bit which im fine with, its got internal ND and is excellent in lowlight.

another bonus is clients will see that it looks professional compared to a tiny GH4..

its also more easier to set up and more run and gun, plus it has better DR, yes the Mini Ursa is coming out but I dont see it as smooth as the canon set up...

In my opinion it's a great setup.
Like you said: it has internal ND, great image and with a ninja you can get really good quality footage.
I used this setup a few times and my clients are very happy wih the results.

When it comes to the mini Ursa or any other RAW shooting camera, the question is:
- do your clients have the time so you can grade properly?
- do your cients want to pay for the extra time and hardware you need?

A friend of mine switched from Blackmagic to a C100mk2 because his clients want to have the result quick AND they don't 'see' the difference anyway.
As he said: "A raw workflow is cool if you have the time to play 'Hollywood', but I need to travel a lot, shoot, edit on my laptop and deliver as fast as possible. And I like the image quality and colors of the C100 cameras."

Besides that: 4K might be cool, but I don't know anyone with a UHD screen...

PS.
When the mini Ursa really comes: nobody knows... ;)

Last edited:
In my opinion it's a great setup.
Like you said: it has internal ND, great image and with a ninja you can get really good quality footage.
I used this setup a few times and my clients are very happy wih the results.

When it comes to the mini Ursa or any other RAW shooting camera, the question is:
- do your clients have the time so you can grade properly?
- do your cients want to pay for the extra time and hardware you need?

A friend of mine switched from Blackmagic to a C100mk2 because his clients want to have the result quick AND they don't 'see' the difference anyway.
As he said: "A raw workflow is cool if you have the time to play 'Hollywood', but I need to travel a lot, shoot, edit on my laptop and deliver as fast as possible. And I like the image quality and colors of the C100 cameras."

Besides that: 4K might be cool, but I don't know anyone with a UHD screen...

PS.
When the mini Ursa really comes: nobody knows... ;)

indeed those are my thoughts exactly, no one has money to pay to grade properly where I am at lol

the mini ursa is good but the costs are too high to run, I could get a gimbal and a lights for the initial set up of the ursa..

for me the colour science of the Cinema line beats the Black magic...

but for the quickest professional results and cheaper costs the c100 cant be beaten..

Back