Looking for Texas-based crew and/or indie filmmaker

I am new to the game, but I have a script now in the editing process. I am a former-trainhopper, former Marine infantryman and presently working as a psychiatric nurse. My collaborator is a college instructor who is a former long-haul trucker and a combat veteran Navy hospital corpsman (served with the Marines in Vietnam.) He moonlights as a psychiatric technician at the psych hospital where I work. We have a script that has wings. What we need is an experienced DP and a crew. What we don't have is any real money.

However, I've got would-be actors calling me at work and home, etc. Worse comes to worst, we'll shoot it "documentary style" with a rented camera and a motivated film student on the trigger, but I'd really rather have somebody who knows what the hell they are doing.

This script involves freight trains, tramps and a character that is about eleven years old and largely comes from my own personal experiences hopping freights. We are considering just taking a leave of absence from work and shooting it "outlaw," ad libbed on the roll with adventurous actors who are willing to spend a couple of weeks hopping trains and living on the bum.

It's set in the present day, costuming from Salvation Army, tramp equipment and accoutrements are already being used and broken in by a couple of our "technical consultants" (LOL.)

Our next project is going to be a film about a psych hospital.

Talk to me. I already know how difficult it is, who has some solutions?

!

Sounds interesting. I would be ava. on weekends, but by no means do I have the experience you are looking for. Plus I am in the middle of setting up my own feature.

Give me a holler if you need someone behind or in front of the camera.

Poke

Back