Looking for hosting company for portfolio site

I'm looking to launch my "portfolio" website with travel photos and short films that I have made. Any recommendations for an affordable hosting company? I'm not an expert with webdesign/hosting but I know I'll need a lot of space for video files? Anything else?

I used to use godaddy, but have since switched to 1&1, it's a bit cheaper, and I've heard they have better support (though I've never needed it from either, the online tools are sufficient for me)

I use 1and1.com for hosting the bophe site (and a few others). Price is excellent. Lots of administrative tools through a back-end login. Support is good -- generally get someone on the phone quickly. The only negative I would say about them is that they occasionally have server issues and the site will go offline for a brief while. Its not often, but I've noticed it a few times. Overall I would highly recommend as long as it is okay if your site goes 404 for an hour or so once or twice a year.

Being down only an hour or 2 a year isn't bad.. every host has to do maintenance from time to time, and even at 2 hours a year down time that's a 99.977% uptime, at 1 hour a year it's 99.989% uptime.. either way that's pretty decent. The best you're likely to find is 99.999% uptime at any host, so these numbers are pretty much right on spec.

Back