• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Looking for help with screen play pitch

I know when your pitching a film it shouldn't be no longer then a few sentences I'm having a hard time with summing up my script. I was looking for help

I know when your pitching a film it shouldn't be no longer then a few sentences I'm having a hard time with summing up my script. I was looking for help

Hi Rieff,
check out on the On the Page podcasts by Pilar Alessandra. She often talks about pitching, loglines etc. It's a really fun show with lots of great information and there's over a hundred episodes and... they're free!

Pilar rocks.

http://www.onthepage.tv/podcast.php

Dean

I've often been stumped on a pitch until someone asked me what the screenplay/film was about. The words just come out of your mouth, and you say to yourself "hey, that wasn't a bad pitch!" It's happened to me. Something about being put on the spot. I don't know if pretending you were asked will work though. Try it. LOL

I offered several suggestions both here any by
email. I'm sorry nothing I offered was of any
help.

BTW - you asked me to read your script and I
agreed then I never heard from you again.

Dear Rieff,

check out this book : Selling Your Story in 60 Seconds: The Guaranteed Way to Get Your Screenplay or Novel Read by Michael Hauge.

It's really helpful for short pitches. Hope this helps.

Back