Locations in Los Angeles

If anyone needs locations in LA check out Wrapal.com. Wrapal is a free database with over 800 locations in the greater Los Angeles Area. If you see a property you like you are able to speak with the property owner directly. Many of the locations are affordable and Wrapal has property insurance available as well. You can also list your property too.

Check it out www.wrapal.com

If anyone needs locations in LA check out Wrapal.com. Wrapal is a free database with over 800 locations in the greater Los Angeles Area. If you see a property you like you are able to speak with the property owner directly. Many of the locations are affordable and Wrapal has property insurance available as well. You can also list your property too.

Check it out www.wrapal.com

What kind of cost are the locations. We are poor and having a hard time finding what we need. We do have general liability. Also curious if locations are lax on having permit?

What kind of cost are the locations. We are poor and having a hard time finding what we need. We do have general liability. Also curious if locations are lax on having permit?

L.A's REAL anal about permits anymore, I don't think anyplace is lax. When it was still called Canyon Country and Saugus/Newhal (and we were "out in the country")l, it was easy to get away without permits. You could even sneak onto Disney or Melody Ranch for a quick shot or two. But once they changed the name to Santa Clarita, everyone's scared about liability, even when shooting on your own property. Here, a permit is about $375 (not including road closure fees) and cheap when you consider that you CAN be arrested for filming without a permit. I think the average fine in the city of Los Angeles runs around $2700 (Los Angeles Municipal Code 41.20), and LAPD actually has a "Contract Services Section Film Unit".

L.A's REAL anal about permits anymore, I don't think anyplace is lax. When it was still called Canyon Country and Saugus/Newhal (and we were "out in the country")l, it was easy to get away without permits. You could even sneak onto Disney or Melody Ranch for a quick shot or two. But once they changed the name to Santa Clarita, everyone's scared about liability, even when shooting on your own property. Here, a permit is about $375 (not including road closure fees) and cheap when you consider that you CAN be arrested for filming without a permit. I think the average fine in the city of Los Angeles runs around $2700 (Los Angeles Municipal Code 41.20), and LAPD actually has a "Contract Services Section Film Unit".

Never heard of anyone actually getting arrested for not having a permit. Do you know how many student and indie productions are filming every single day without permits? A lot. There is maybe one or two stories of people getting fines, but even that is rare. The big fear is getting shut down, that's about the worst that happens to anyone.

Back