LETS MAKE A TEAM šŸ˜

Filmakers, story makers, people with cool ideas. Whoever wants to make a cool chatty team where we give each other advice and critique Feedback just reply šŸ˜

Well it would be a more personal team. Somewhere else on social media where we can actually share our projects in video format (larger and longer Vids) quicker and easier. Send posters, arrange ways for everyone in this weird ā€teamā€ to help each other advertise each otherā€™s projects. If one of us for instance (well most likely all of us at one stage) is making a film then we will all help with the story ideas and feedback. Weā€™d promote each other etc.
It really was just a random thought of mine.
right now on this website we give occasional feedback on small vids and story ā€œsummariesā€. Cam tech, experience and all.
I was wondering if anyone would wanna make an ā€œactualā€ personal team of online buddies to help each other out In ā€œmoreā€ detail than people do on this site.

example: Letā€™s say your working on a film, in this so called team group chat you would present your story in detail and then other people would dig into it to the bone. Giving more than just vague ideas and ā€œfeedbackā€. But actual budgeting plans, perhaps shot lists. Could even help spread each otherā€™s trailers. I personally would be able to help edit anyoneā€™s short film for free and perhaps other people in this team if they are willing could help each other out with that too. And in return we would be in each otherā€™s films credits for story aid, or helping in production or unofficial scriptwriting. Perhaps editing or (whatever we help each other out in). So:

1:idea:Make team that is more personal with eachother
2:We dig in to each otherā€™s projects or goals, helping with maybe shot lists, budget plans, group editing each otherā€™s stuff, helping with each otherā€™s scripts,
3:and for benefit we would be promoting each otherā€™s works. By being in credits, helping promote each otherā€™s trailers, posters etc.

this is just a fun side idea I came up with. Theres not much chance people would actually be in such a team as people are mostly Too busy so if it fails then oh well lol.

in the end film is about finding new ways to tell stories. So that was my idea of finding a way to enhance our chances of more success.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea, what you are talking about is basically remote pre-production crew. At that point, so many people would have such an intimate knowledge of your plans, that they could very well claim your film as their own, or might as well be included in the films crew/credits.

Everyone would have to sign an NDA, and agree not to take the idea for anything of their own productions. With that in mind, you would want to scrutinize new people, just because you don't want a newer person who doesn't understand copyrights to join the group and decimate someone's hard working project.

That said, making a Discoord for this forum wouldn't be hard. It's just up to the mods of this forum if they want to appoint a mod on that one.

Personally, I think if this forum adopts a weekly or bi-weekly film challenge like they were discussing elsewhere, THAT would get people talking more.

Last edited:
Your right if a non official online pre-production team was made some people could steal ideas which would be very unhelpful. In the end this Weekly film challenge idea I think would be good if it went through to make people talk more. Or maybe I just donā€™t check these forums enough and people really do go into more detail than I think.

Your right if a non official online pre-production team was made some people could steal ideas which would be very unhelpful. In the end this Weekly film challenge idea I think would be good if it went through to make people talk more. Or maybe I just donā€™t check these forums enough and people really do go into more detail than I think.

Nah, man. You are onto something. It just needs fleshed out and more support. There are a few people here that routinely give feedback, but a lot of times, its people asking for help that aren't really needing help, they are just looking for validation or someone to say "yes!" to their idea. I'm not pointing any fingers, guilty of that too when I started.

What we need is some real heavy projects in here, stuff that is currently in progress, and could use the info.

Also, seems like people hit and run a lot around here. They ask a question, but don't reply with the results. Makes it feel like they didn't listen in the first place.

Last edited:
Well Iā€™ve heard that the modders are fairly inactive and donā€™t really make updates to this website. Perhaps there are some other sites that delve deeper into actual online group projects as I said. But I doubt it. All my searches have led to finding forums of people doin casual film talk. The ā€œreal worldā€ film community works well on projects and contacts, festivals etc but the online world of people actually coming together ā€œonlineā€ and exploiting social media to the fullest isnā€™t that strong. Perhaps in the future tho.

It was a while ago I remember this guy sayin no changes come to the site and that it was all just automatic responses from ya. Forgot who said it.
Good to know you guys are active tho, perhaps you could make a new chat page on the site for the purpose of what we discussed above? It would be great and diff to all the other sites.

I'm on here every day almost all day. But no, no chat is being added.

The ā€œreal worldā€ film community works well on projects and contacts, festivals etc but the online world of people actually coming together ā€œonlineā€ and exploiting social media to the fullest isnā€™t that strong. Perhaps in the future tho.

Well any forum is only as good as the people posting and conversing. This forum is a step above the other generic social sites like Reddit for feedback.

This place also routinely gets new people signing up, so I wouldn't say its inactive. It just needs more of the new people not being afraid to discuss ideas, and the senior people not being so "realistic" they scare them away. I'm guilty of being to real for one of the new guys here once already.

All in all, your chatroom idea wouldn't be anything you couldn't pull off here.

What exactly are you looking for? Collaberation in general, contacts, crew? Chatting is generic, but team building isn't about talking more, its about finding people who like your ideas or way of doing business.

Filmakers, story makers, people with cool ideas. Whoever wants to make a cool chatty team where we give each other advice and critique Feedback just reply šŸ˜
Sounds interesting. Will you make this team happen or are you looking for someone else to do it?

I've been here for quite a while so I'm partial to indietalk which has always seemed like a cool place to give each other advice and critique, but if you start something new that meets your needs better, I'll check it out.

The senior people not being so "realistic" they scare them away.

Hey, it's the real world, it can be - and often is - brutal out there. Although those involved in the filmmaking crafts often delve into fantasy it's our obligation as teachers to let the newbies know the reality of how truly hard the business can be.

... the online world of people actually coming together ā€œonlineā€ and exploiting social media to the fullest isnā€™t that strong.

There are plenty of folks on this forum who collaborate; I've worked for several. However, many of us are working professionals and run businesses so we can support our families and pay our bills. Our "job" here is not to provide opportunities but to disseminate information from our professional perspective and experience.

Last edited:
Back