Lenses for Panasonic GS150 Camera

When researching lenses on sites like www.bhphotovideo.com , they allow you to search by size. How do I know what size my Panasonic GS150 uses? And will any lens that's the same size work? I'm looking for a fairly cheap wide-angle lens, and a lot of wide-angle converter lenses I see are only like 20-50 US dollars. Are those lenses still decent? Thanks.

You are using an attachment lens, which screws into the filter ring on your GS150. The filter ring on your camcorder should have a Ø37 or Ø42 or something. You then either need a wide angle attachment in exactly that filter size or you will need a step up ring. This is the step up ring I will need to get my cheapo JVC with Ø37 hooked up to my 35mm optics (which has a 52mm filter size) = http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=63815&is=REG

You will find the Ø size printed on the front of the camera lens itself or in your manual under specifications.

In general, the cheap wide angle attachments will give some barreling (fish eye effect) to your image. This is why quality wide angle attachments like the ones from Century can cost from $600-$1200. Of course if you desire a slightly fisheye effect this might be beneficial to you.

I have the GS 120 and I believe it's the 37 size, but verify to make sure.. I use the wide angle lense all the time.. AND you can put a filter on the Wide Angle lense too.. at least I can with mine.

I have a digi-8 camera with a 37 thread.

I bought a cheapo lens kit from the local Ritz Camera chain. It had a wide-angle, a telephoto and a something-else... all 3 lenses in one package for $40-ish.

It's not an oustanding brand by any means (Digital Concepts), but it works. :)

p.s. I don't see the kit listed on their website. It definitely came from there, though. Maybe only available by going to an actual store location.

Back