Legit? Proaim Jib

Hi I've looked at rental pricing for small jibs and have eventually decided that I am way better off buying one rather than renting. So in my searching I stumbled across this website, which has some very cheap jibs for their size. After emailing the company I've discovered on top of the $335 (US) that it costs it will also cost another $191 to send to Australia and it is coming from India.

This is far cheaper than anything in Australia and I was wondering if people thought it was worth the risk. Has anyone had experience dealing with this company before? It doesn't appear to have much written about it anywhere online

http://www.proaimshop.com/pas/Proaim-TM-12ft-Jib-Arm-with-Heavy-duty-stand-Camera-upto-15lbs.html

Thanks, Brendan

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to put anythign other than a super light weight camera on it, but I'm sure it works okay..

Balancing it properly is also vital, so make sure you get that right when you do put it together.

Hi Brendan, yes, the ProAim 12' jib is legit legit. I ordered a Flycam 5000 from them a couple of years ago (through eBay). It arrived from India as quickly as promised, and worked just fine.

Lots of people here in the States use jibs, stabilizers, shoulder rigs, matte boxes, etc. from Cine City, DV City, Proaim, and other Indian suppliers.

Cheers,

Bill

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back