• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

LED tube lighting 96"

Are you using these to replace household fixtures or cinema fixtures? How well they look depends, in part, on the CRI of the lamps, and the ad does not list this information.

If you're replacing household fixtures, and they have magnetic ballasts, then these may help reduce flicker. Magnetic ballasts are pretty old though and not terribly common. More often you find electronic ballasts which tend not to have flicker issues. If you're replacing lamps from a dedicated cinema flouro fixture, I would stick with the flouros. It's true that many flouro lamps introduce color casts(usually green), but without knowing the CRI of the LED's, how do you know they're not worse?

There is currently a basic household ballast and 4 x 96' florescent bulbs, The model is F96T12CW-WM Cool White 60W. I wouldn't want to replace the ballast, was just looking for something that would be more film friendly as there are grey feedback lines (forgot the name) appearing on white walls when filming which I believe are because of the florescents. I may be purchasing a professional lighting kit so will either be turning off these lights all together or using the LED's as a combination with them to get rid of shadows, spread the light more, etc (if it makes sense)

Back