Krasnogorks-3 jam..

Hello,

So I recently followed the trend and got myself a K-3 and some film stock to practice with before starting to shoot. Anyway; after loading I'd run it at 24fps and the camera would jam after a few seconds, the "pressure plate" would slide down and I'd readjust it after which the camera would run again for a few seconds before jamming again.

Last time I noticed that the film got stuck in the cog wheel and I had to pull it by force to get it out. The film would break and a fragment of film would get stuck in the wheel and I'd have to spend about 20 mins trying to get it out with a needle... What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions on how I can avoid this? I tested it with Kodak Eastman 7222 - Single perf.

Worth noting is also that after inspecting the film that managed to loop through, I noticed that there were small horizontal scratch marks just below the perforation.

I apologize if this has previously been asked, I couldn't find this specific problem in the forum.

Thanks in advance,

Kaspar

do you have the plastic loop former and are you threating it correctly? it is totally enough to cut the head of the tape to a triangle top and slightly push it into the transport wheel... push the shutter button and see if it forms a correct loop. make sure to clean the gate with a brush.

Back