• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Kickstarter - Absolution

Hey,

I’m an undergraduate film student at Birmingham City University.

Grouping with a team of talented filmmakers in my course, we’re attempting to produce an ambitious graduation film in 2014; one that will benchmark our talents in the film industry through demonstrating high production values that will circulate a variety of national and internationally recognised film festivals.
To attempt such a bold and daring task, we’ve recruited the very best team members to achieve the very best end product – members that have a diverse range of skills and experiences ranging from using an Arri Alexa to shooting on high-profile productions. We’ve almost finished pre-production, securing actors, locations, cast and crew, and we’re ready to start principle photography between the 10th and 15th January 2014.

To give some context of my motivations, and what separates me from other students is that when I joined this project, I had one goal: to redefine student standards. For too long, I’ve hated how individuals unfairly categorise students as being unskilled workers, unable to produce industry standard films. For that reason, I’ve been working very hard with my team to ensure that we’re exhausting every viable resource to add huge production value without additional costs.

I wrote a script last year, ‘Absolution' because I’ve read a lot of psychology based on conformity and social influence. It’s basically that everything we do has been pre-determined by other people, whether it be parents, peers, the media – so I thought it’d be a great idea to explore these themes in a short narrative (which is written for feature film expansion). Because the themes are closely tied with how Fight Club looks at schizophrenia/ conformity, people try to identify my idea as a similar story, which is bittersweet. Bittersweet in that people either think of it as a clone of the story, or that it’s a reimagination of a great concept.

Not only that, but because it’s only a short story, expansion to feature length would obviously be vastly different in story and structure.

Now that we’re almost done with pre-production, we’re sourcing companies that supply camera equipment, as the bad equipment supplied by the University will stifle our ability. We’re looking for 4K cameras that help define us as professional filmmakers – however we’ve one major problem, money.
Unfortunately due to the nature of us being a student production, the budget is very limited even though we've hit our Kickstarter target. Thus we're trying to raise as much money as we can in the hope that we'll get enough to rent some professional camera equipment.

If we’ve peeked your interest in any way, shape or form, but you’d want some reassurances on our professionalism to help minimise your risk and maximise your reward, please check out our Kickstarter campaign! It’s filled with lots of information regarding the cast and crew, locations, our ambitions and a lot more. http://kck.st/1bNltOV

Thanks,

Jamie

Back