Keyboard for editing (or editing keyboards)?

Hey y'all

I'm currently waiting for parts to arrive for my pc build. I have everything ordered, and have a good mouse and whatnot. But being a laptop user until now, I've never purchased a keyboard. I know you can get special editing keyboards and mice - are these worth investing in?

And if not, is there anything i should consider when choosing a keyboard that'll be used for editing?

Take a step back and think about what you want out of a mouse and keyboard. And how much space do you have? It's all about your personal ergonomics and your workspace. Instead of a mouse you may want a track ball, or even a pad. I use a mouse with a trackball for Pro Tools, and I also have a Digidesign (Avid) controller/interface which satisfies the old school tactile part of me.

There are keyboards dedicated to DAW and NLE platforms; they are nice, but you can find stickers or skins for a regular keyboard.

The keyboard I bought for my mac, and bought the same for the new hackintosh is pretty sweet, it's available for windows use too.

Logitech, wireless with their unifying USB dongle, so you can have multiple devices and only use a single usb port.

What I like most about it is that it's wireless and has a solar panel on it, so it will never need a battery replacement. Runs for 3ish months without sunlight to top it off too!

It' the logitech K750

As for editing keyboards.. I've never used one, keyboard shortcuts ultimately should be about muscle memory, not looking at labels on the keys, but if you want an editing keyboard, the better solution might be to get a regular keyboard and a set of stickers for your editing tool of choice.

I mostly don't use my keyboard or mouse for editing. Generally, I just Wacom it. Much faster, easier and for compositing it is incredibly quick.

What really got me is when the pain in my right hand stopped. I didn't even realize it was there.

I mostly don't use my keyboard or mouse for editing. Generally, I just Wacom it. Much faster, easier and for compositing it is incredibly quick.

What really got me is when the pain in my right hand stopped. I didn't even realize it was there.
Oh wow, I'd never considered a table for editing before. I might have to look into this in the future. I just need a keyboard for now (uni work will be done before editing). What's the model you have?
The keyboard I bought for my mac, and bought the same for the new hackintosh is pretty sweet, it's available for windows use too.

Logitech, wireless with their unifying USB dongle, so you can have multiple devices and only use a single usb port.

What I like most about it is that it's wireless and has a solar panel on it, so it will never need a battery replacement. Runs for 3ish months without sunlight to top it off too!

It' the logitech K750
The keyboard sounds really cool. Some pretty hit and miss reviews though :/ I might give it a go for a general keyboard though, i'm all for the principle behind it (and hate changing batteries)

Back