• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Keeping ISO constant in a T3i

When I shoot a video on my t3i, the ISO keeps changing accordingly. Can't I lock it down?If yes, could some one please tell me.

Yes. First press menu and change the Movie Exposure to Manual. Close menu then press the ISO button on the top, just in front of the on/off switch then select your manual ISO level

Thanks guys, was able to manually control the exposure but I am a different issue now.

I was watching Philip Bloom's tutorial and he was using ISO at 320 on a DSLR. But mine only has 100,200 (in that range).Can I manually set it to 320?Or on a t3i, this is the only thing I can do?

Native firmware (canons) only has Iso in the hundreds, as mentioned when you install magic lantern on your card you will then unlock the multiple iso range, which 160 is for me noticeably cleaner than 100

Thank you ,Zen and Salacious.

Is it safe to install magic lantern? I haven't tried it before and I dont know anybody who has tried it.So,I am just looking for some opinions before I install it.

Also,can I uninstall it and make the camera work normal incase I don't like it?

Is it safe to install magic lantern? I haven't tried it before and I dont know anybody who has tried it.

Half the forum DSLR members probably use it, including myself. You know them. :lol:

can I uninstall it and make the camera work normal incase I don't like it?

Magic Lantern runs from the memory card; it's not installed on the camera.

If the memory card does not have Magic Lantern installed, the camera runs just like Canon made it.

If you're nervous about installing (I was, before I tried it) then look up some installation tutorials on the web. Or get more feedback from current users. :cool:

Thank you so much.

I was really nervous because on the ML wiki they said it IS dangerous to the camera so I was not in a position to risk my newly bought camera.Will try to look up some tutorials on the web and come to a decision pretty soon. Thanks a lot,once again.

They say it's dangerous so they are not responsible if anything happens... they also state that they've never heard of anyone's camera being damaged... which is amazing due to its popularity. The numbers are currently on our side :)

Back