JVC GY-HD200UB

I am interested in the JVC GY-HD200UB and I am wondering if anyone here is familiar with the "focus assist" function and also what the overall impressions of this camera are. Is there a "direct" competitor to this camera? My vision is not the best so autofocus will be high on my priority list. What about it's ability to shoot in low light? is it lacking there? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

focus assist is a great tool on this camera. It makes the view finder black & white, and everything that is in focus has blue lines around it. Its great for HDV. I have the HD100, last summer I shot a short film with the camera (the trailer can be found here: www.real4reelproductions.com/freedomsgate.html ) It came out great with a little help from magic bullet! We went to a few festivals and saw it on the big screen... It look very crisp blown up in HDCAM.
Overall I love this camera (I use it too shoot a lot of webmercials) Its lens is unmatched in its category. And having it ENG style is great for run and gun (i'd rather shoot over the shoulder than hand held, IMO). It is also not that heavy. If you get it I would suggest getting the Anton Bauer kit, mine last 4 - 5 hours. Anyway this is a camera I would recommend, the only one that comes close is the comparable Panasonic. Hope this helps...

Back