• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 'INVADERZ' New zero budget sci-fi comedy from ireland

Just wanted to share this link with you all and ask for advice/opinions on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKxzPXrNKZw

Shot using a 'Sony EX1' on a green screen in my kitchen this short teaser is from our upcoming sci-fi comedy 'Invaderz' that we are currently producing. It's our first attempt at CGI (I'm more of an aftereffects man usually) and is fairly basic in the modelling/texturing sense. It was shot mainly as a test and it's also not 100% finished. We're making 'INVADERZ' out of our own pockets and would be eternally grateful for any creative advice or critisism. The modelling was done in 3dsmax (rendered with Mental Ray) with chroma keying perfomed in Aftereffects using the keylight plugin. I also composited smoke and skies in aftereffects then finished with magic bullet looks. In many ways this is our first real project as since starting our compnay in 2006 as we have be so busy trying to pay the bills by producing a lot of corporate and educational dvds. The whole ethos of the Invaderz project is to involve as many creative talents as possible on something that isn't driven by any financial factors just pure creativity, something everyone involved can be proud of and have ownership of, so we are open to all ideas and offers of creativity. Look forward to hearing your views

Our website is at
www.ambient-light.co.uk

Hahahah. That's pretty damn funny. The over-the-top canned CG fx are hilarious. I like the guy in the background using a tire iron on the Mech..lol.

Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see more.

Back