• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Intersecting Stories - list of films

At the moment I'm tinkering with a new feature script premise that would be one of those films where several story lines overlap, intersect and collide with one another throughout the course of the movie. I've seen a bunch like Short Cuts, Crash, 21 Grams, and want to watch more for research.

I think the genre of my script would be in the vicinity of a thriller, mystery with a splash of horror.

If you have the chance, add some titles here for me to check out. Thanks!

Been a very long time since I saw it, but does Akira Kurosawa's Dreams have some of this? =)

Another of my favorites! That's more a collection of shorts than any narrative though (sometimes VERY abstract). The only connection is that they are based on dreams Kurosawa had. Beautiful, wonderful film in all regards. And last I checked it is on Netflix streaming, so richy, time for a re-watch!

Seraphim Falls has a weird, surreal, mysterioso final act that comes out of nowhere, I thought anyway. And, I liked it.

Wasn't In the Mood for Love a little bit surreal, mysterioso? And even more so 2046.

Does The Box have some of these qualities you're looking for? But then I think all of its surrealness and mysteriso is ironed out by its pat, preachy ending/moral of the story is... Bleh.

Been a very long time since I saw it, but does Akira Kurosawa's Dreams have some of this? =)

Good stuff! Will check out Seraphim Falls.

Way (way) back in college I rented Dreams (on VHS!), but don't remember much of it. Must revisit -- on DVD. :)

Yes, The Box had some qualities that I liked and are along the lines of the tone of what I'll probably shoot for.

Thanks!

Back