• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Indie of the Month May/June/July - Quarantine Film Challenge

Isn't getting older wonderful? For me it's arthritis, a bad back (my mom was in an auto accident when she was pregnant with me; my spine does not align with my hips properly, so my lower vertebrae are always moving out of place) and a bout with kidney stones every two or three years.

Yeah i totally feel that pain.
I have arthritis in my knees and a bad back as well. Apparently there is a cure to these ailments that makes your body more robust.

You submerge your body in ice water for 2-3 minutes every day or two as part of your health regiment.
You become so strong... Wim Hof trained 12 people for four days. After four days they took those people to a laboratory, injected e. coli directly into their blood stream. And not a single one of them got sick!!! Totally flew in the face of modern science because their immune systems had become so strong.

People have testimonials about how it removed all their inflammation, arthritis, allergies, etc
So far I've only done two cold showers and I'm working my way up to the ice bath... really hoping it makes me healthier.

Last edited:
here is an example, this guy couldn't open a carton of milk. and now he works with his hands every day
(turn on closed captions)

Last edited:
May I see a show of hands if you are working on this? If NO ONE is I will extend it to next month.

Here's what I am going to do.
If 2 people enter by the end of the month we will vote for May.
If only 0/1 person enters this will extend into June's contest.
No worries!

:mope:

We'll probably close up shop on this IOTM idea.

its a lot harder to film when you cant work with anybody bc of covid.
the production aspect is less social and fun too. so many once this stay at home order is lifted nationally ?

I would enter as my idea really suits it, but yeah, I've not shot it yet. :)

just keep in mind you can’t have started working on it before May. If it’s just an idea that’s fine but no development before May or it’s unfair to everyone else

just keep in mind you can’t have started working on it before May. If it’s just an idea that’s fine but no development before May or it’s unfair to everyone else

Oh yeah that's true. I think I started it before then... I'll have to check my earliest files.

@PaulWrightyThen, if it follows this you are good to go.
If you make it for this contest (meaning it has not been released before) and it has the below elements you are golden. Using previous elements is fine. That's filmmaking. Even stock footage would pre-date so no biggie. It's the finished product made for this contest and the elements that are key. ;)

This is similar to the 48 hour-style challenges. It must be made for this contest only. And to prove that you must adhere to the following:
Genre: Comedy or Comedy Horror
Dialogue: Must include the line "Why didn't I think of that?" as dialogue, monologue, audio, or text
Prop: Must include a can opener

Requirements: Any length. Must adhere to the genre restriction and include the dialogue and prop. We figured everyone has a can opener, manual or electric. If you do not, be creative, and show one on the computer screen, etc. Just be sure to work in all the elements.

I'm hoping to. Problem is its a pretty much 100% vfx short and I'm still doing my day job.

I made an executive decision. We talked about quarterly challenges before and monthly ones. Obviously monthly are great for things you've already made and small challenges. More full-scale challenges can be a quarter. So this one is now officially a May/June/July Film Challenge.

Let's see what y'all got!

Sure I could send you laurels upon request.

Look at the avatar in post #1.

You haven't even entered yet why are worried about laurels? :lol:

Back