• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

If i update from a DMC-GF3 to a 550 D or 600 D...

Will i notice any difference at all in terms of video quality? All three shoot in full HD, but in the end is there any significant difference between them? I´m talking only about video.

The T3i has a higher resolution screen (1040k dots instead of 460k dots), a larger sensor (50% more), for DOF, lower noise at high ISO, 24fps (gives a more filmic look), a flip-out screen (good when trying to get low and high angles, longer battery life, and better color depth/dynamic range. All of which are great advantages when shooting video. Although one advantage of the GF3 is the continuous focus capability. But aside from that, the T3i is a far better camera for both video and photography.

The T3i has a higher resolution screen (1040k dots instead of 460k dots), a larger sensor (50% more), for DOF, lower noise at high ISO, 24fps (gives a more filmic look), a flip-out screen (good when trying to get low and high angles, longer battery life, and better color depth/dynamic range. All of which are great advantages when shooting video. Although one advantage of the GF3 is the continuous focus capability. But aside from that, the T3i is a far better camera for both video and photography.

Thank you. I´m actually happy with the GF3. It shoots Full HD and has pretty decent image. Plus, it´s small. But i think it suffers a little bit in low light situations. With good lighting i think it looks almost as good as a 550 D, if not as good, but you really see the difference with low lighting.

Back