• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Idea for a small good script?

Hey, we have a little film project going on at my school, and my group.. we can't come up with any good scripts.It all comes up rubbish..I am basically asking for an idea for a good movie script?

Gonna last between 2 and 7 minutes, it depends. We are gonna film inside a small school building, may also film outside. We have 4-5 actors aviavable.

I am just asking for an idea to get us going, not like a full script.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Nicolai

student arrives at school, running a bit late. Halls are empty as he goes to his class. The classroom is empty. Worried, he goes back into the hall and hears a creepy noise. He runs to the principal's office. No one is there, hears the noise again. Checks the doors; they're now locked. He runs and hides, trying to escape the noise, until he's backed into a classroom, and the noise is getting closer. He then notices a calendar. It's a holiday and there are no classes, and the noise reveals itself to be the janitor, using noisy cleaning equipment.

Let's say we use this idea, we can't find any good "end" to the movie. Like, what happens when the student realizes it's the janitor? Take a cop coffee or something with him lol? We are thinking of something funny.

My actors are all a bunch of screwups so I have to come up with stuff myself, and that isn't always easy, so I need your help to come up with a funny end to the movie. :hmm:

Let's say we use this idea, we can't find any good "end" to the movie. Like, what happens when the student realizes it's the janitor? Take a cop coffee or something with him lol? We are thinking of something funny.

My actors are all a bunch of screwups so I have to come up with stuff myself, and that isn't always easy, so I need your help to come up with a funny end to the movie. :hmm:

Lots of funny ways you can end it! Thinking about it a bit more, I'd probably end it:
-sees the janitor
-sees the calendar
-reaction shot of him realizing his mistake and feeling like an idiot
-cue credits and overblown, jarringly silly music

You could also twist it again:
-sees janitor
-sees calendar
-feels like an idiot
-janitor changes the date on the calendar...it actually IS a school day and he actually IS a monster
-scream, fade to black, credits
That'd give you some VFX stuff you could do (transforming the janitor into a monster)

Take that twist and, twist again:
-as before, monster, scream
-wake up in the classroom...he has fallen asleep in class
-looks around, students and teacher are all monsters/zombies and staring at him
That'd be funny if you play it not with a "we're about to eat you" but a "how could you fall asleep in my class" expression on the teacher.

You could play it completely random; you mentioned wanting to do something with guns, have the janitor pull a gun on him and start shooting, and he pulls a gun in response. If you were doing that, I wouldn't resolve it, but have it fade in the middle of the gunfight. Let the audience decide who wins!

Thinking of the absurd and random, I could almost see that turning into Monty Python-esq animation!

Of course, my taste in funny is a little bit odd!

Back