I took the Plunge!!

Well, you apes, I did it. Picked up my new T3i today. Charged the battery and will start reading the manual tomorrow.

I must admitt that this new purchase is somewhat bitter sweet. Fact is, I would much rather be working with film. But, it is what it is, and I can do a lot more filming with digital than film.

SO hip hip hurray!:)

Edit: I did want to say that my older 30D feels heavier and "better" than this new camera. ???

You'll have fun with it :)

What's your obligatory test-footage post going to consist of?

What kit did you get, too?

No doubt you're right about the weight -- the T3i undoubtedly has a lot of plastic inside of it, which is why it's cheaper. Heavier devices of the same type typically contain more metal, and are more durable.

I need to check out the specs -- wonder how it's better than the T2i.

You'll have fun with it :)

What's your obligatory test-footage post going to consist of?

What kit did you get, too?

Thanks guys.

I was going to buy the body only and look for a lens, but there was an "opened box" special For $800 so I got that. It came with the 14-55mm w/ IS.

As for test footage: No idea. Just about all the landscape stuff is dead because of the heat. Maybe I coiuld do a compare an contrast of mine and my neighbors yards.:) JK I'll think of something.

I need to check out the specs -- wonder how it's better than the T2i.

I don't know if its that much better. I bought it cause its newer, and generally speaking, you get better support for newer products.

Last edited:
Congrats!

I'm not good at technology and at some point I'm gonna ask you guys for opinion what camera to get. I'll put this on the list then.

I'm really hoping to get the 60d, but I may have to "settle" for the T3i because I found a great deal on craigslist. Hopefully that pans out.

Back