• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

i need help with my ending

OK I'm creating a zombie movie and I'm done with it except i don't really like the ending it, its OK but i want something where you get the message of the movie, which is you shouldn't force religion on people. the movie has a total of 5 main characters and thy all meet in a large empty building (based on an actual building I've been to in Oklahoma) and they hid out from the zombies and a group of people or cult that worship the zombies saying there angels from heaven come to take us home....anyway not getting into great detail, they all are cornered by the leader of this cult and the military bust into the building fighting there why through the zombies, thy get a call from they're commander saying that none of this that there doing is working and they need to exterminate everyone in the quarantine zone. but i don't really like it i don't think it really portrays the absolute depression and feeling I'm trying to display in this movie. so if any of you could help i would greatly appreciate it it :)

That's the beauty of writing...you can end it any way you want. I think that I'd give this a shot:

After the military gives the scorched earth policy to the on site leader, the unit works their way in killing everyone they see. As they work their way through, one of the soldiers has a weapon malfunction, after a zombie surprises him, and the zombie touches the soldier, and he has a "vision" (like the 'near death' experience...bright light sees dead friends and relatives etc...talks to 'God'), and he realizes that the zombies really are there to bring people to heaven. He then acts as a catalyst, and they slowly stop shooting at the zombies, and they find that they are there to help.

But if you're trying to have a concept of the religions pushing their 'faith' on others, the only way you could have the ending is that the military walk into the room where the cult leader and the non cultists are, and the zombies take them all, including the cult leader who thinks that his faith will make him the only one to be taken, or even the cult leader is left behind because even though he was right, his nature and the way that he pushed made him wrong.

Just a thought...if you don't use it, I might!!

Chris

Back